Global warrants that all commercial products are free from defects in material and workmanship, for the life of the product, to the original purchaser. Global will repair or replace, at Global’s option, as the sole remedy for any defect covered by the warranty. The warranty applies to products manufactured after March 22, 2016.
This warranty covers the following product categories.
- General Seating
- Desks, Modular Furniture and Tables
Global makes no warranty that any of its products are suitable for any particular purpose and makes no other warranties, express or implied, other than those set out here. As codes and standards vary from one jurisdiction to another, references to compliance are solely for convenience and without any representation as to accuracy or suitability. Users must verify the suitability of such information or product for their specific application. In no event shall Global be liable in either tort or contract for any loss or direct, special, incidental, consequential, or exemplary damages.
General Commercial Seating
Global’s warranty for general commercial seating covers all chair components including pneumatic cylinders, bases, casters, glides, frames, arms, plastic seats, backs and other structural components.
The warranty applies to single shift, standard commercial usage, defined as a standard eight (8) hour day, forty (40) hour week for users weighing up to 300 lbs.
Exceptions to the warranty for general commercial seating are as follows:
- Foam, upholstery, textiles (as sampled on Global branded and textile program cards), mesh material and electrical devices, are warranted for five (5) years.
- Control mechanisms are warranted for twelve (12) years.
- Heavy duty seating and light use seating are not defined as general commercial seating (see below for warranty exceptions).
Heavy Duty Seating
Global offers products designed for multiple shift applications (24 hours a day / 7 days a week) and larger individuals weighing up to 350, 400 and/or 500 lbs (depending on series and/or model). Global warrants these products for twelve (12) years to the original Purchaser. All components (including control mechanisms, pneumatic cylinders, bases, casters, glides, frames, arms, plastic seats/backs, etc.) are covered for 24/7 applications under the warranty. The exceptions are foam, upholstery and textiles, which are covered for five (5) years. Fabric or upholstery material on these products must exceed 100,000 double rubs for the textile portion of the warranty to apply. Heavy duty product series that apply under this warranty can be found in the Heavy Duty section of the list price book.
Light Use Seating
Global offers light use seating that is warranted for ten (10) years for the original Purchaser. The warranty covers all components (frames, glides, and arms). The foam/textiles are warranted for five (5) years. The warranty on these light use series is for an eight (8) hour day, forty (40) hour week for users up to 200 lbs. Light use product series that apply under this warranty currently consists of the Kats and Key series.
Seating Warranty Summary
|Seating Type||Components Warranty for Original Purchaser||Use Time For Warranty Coverage||Exceptions|
|General commercial seating||Lifetime||8 hours / 5 days per week||Foam/upholstery/textiles/mesh/electrical devices – 5 yearsControl mechanisms – 12 years|
|Heavy duty seating||12 years||24 hours / 7 days per week||Foam/upholstery/textiles – 5 years|
|Light use seating||10 years||8 hours / 5 days per week||Foam/upholstery/textiles – 5 years|
Files, Desks, Modular Furniture, Tables, Panels & Accessories
Global warrants all components of metal storage and filing, laminate and wood veneer desks, laminate and wood veneer tables, metal leg components and panels for the lifetime of the product to the original Purchaser.
The warranty applies to single shift, standard commercial usage, defined as a standard eight (8) hour day, forty (40) hour week. Load restrictions apply, refer to individual product descriptions.
Exceptions to the warranty for files, desks, tables and panels are as follows:
- Electrical devices, panel and tackboard textiles, adjustable keyboard mechanisms, non-electrical table mechanisms, monitor arms, lecterns, coat trees and task lights – five (5) years.
- Folding tables (laminate and Lite Lift II models) – one (1) year.
- Motorized electrical components – two (2) years.
Files, Desks, Modular Furniture, Tables, Panels & Accessories Warranty Summary
|Product Type||Components Warranty for Original Purchaser||Exceptions|
|Metal storage and filing||Lifetime||None|
|Laminate/wood veneer desks and modular furniture||Lifetime||Tackboard textiles, electrical devices, task lights – 5 years|
|Boardroom, conference and training tables||Lifetime||Electrical devices – 5 yearsMoving parts – 5 years|
|Panels||Lifetime||Panel textiles, electrical devices, task lights – 5 years|
|Coat racks and lecterns||5 years||None|
|Folding tables (laminate & molded)||1 years||None|
|Height adjustable tables||5 years||Motorized parts (on electrical tables) – 2 years|
Global’s warranty does not apply (for any product category) to the following:
- Nominal or normal amount of wear and tear that can occur over time.
- Failures which result from negligence, abuse, accident or misuse.
- Failure to apply, install or maintain products according to Global’s written instructions and warnings.
- Modifications, attachments or repair methods not approved by Global.
- Damage caused by a carrier in transit, or delivery/installation contractors.
- The matching of colors, grains or textures (wood, leather, etc.) of natural materials.
- Products exposed to extreme hot or cold temperatures or excessively dry or humid environments.
- Color fastness or the matching of color of textiles, dye lots of textile can vary.
- Damage by markings or staining; damage by sharp objects or imprinting from instruments.
- Damage to textiles or laminate and wood surfaces/edges from exposure to sunlight (including UV rays).
- Products used for rental purposes.
- Purchased parts are warranted for one (1) year.
- Failure to follow specific cleaning and disinfecting instructions posted on www.globalfurnituregroup.com.
Global’s warranty does not cover the costs of transportation or labor. Repair or replacement will be at Global’s discretion.
Textiles and Finishes
Global warrants Global branded textiles and Global carded textile programs inclusive of fabrics, vinyls and leather products for five (5) years. Global does not warrant COM (Customer’s Own Material) or GPM (Global Purchased Material) that are customer specified materials, or graded-in and purchased by Global for a customer. For GPM or COM products, please contact the textile supplier for performance information and warranty details. Please refer to our website at www.globalfurnituregroup.com for detailed information on cleaning and disinfecting procedures. Improper usage of disinfecting/cleaning products may void the warranty.
Global textiles and finishes are updated periodically to meet the demand and trends of the market. As a result, some textiles and finishes may be discontinued by Global or the manufacturer. In the event that a textile or finish is discontinued, Global will make every reasonable effort to provide an alternative product(s) of comparable function.
All Global Contract products are designed and manufactured to withstand repeated service, repair and handling, and carry a lifetime warrantee. Global Contract’s goal is to ensure that products can be refurbished, disassembled or upgraded as required. In addition, standardization of many parts and components facilitate ease of maintenance, servicing, assembly, and reconfiguration or reassembly. Global Contract will provide Purchaser with product(s) of comparable function for a term equal to the warranty period. Fabrics and finishes are updated periodically to meet the growing demand of the market. As a result, some fabrics and finishes may be discontinued before expiration of the warrantee period.
Looking for more documents?
Visit our Download Centre